Thursday 20 June 2013

What a party!!!

Normally on here i'd have it pre-set out to post a blog on my birthday wishing myself a happy birthday and awaiting for people to come with their comments to facebook and twitter about how they'd like to wish my a happy birthday.

This year i decided to do things a little different. For starters i didn't want people to know that don't know me. So i hid it on my facebook, meaning it wouldn't show up to other's that it was my birthday. It kinda worked!!!

I hardly heard from anyone and that was interesting to see who knew, who didn't, or who stalked me on facebook enough to know.

In person, my birthday was explosive, expensive and kinda butch too....

So, a few days before my birthday (which was on the wednesday) i got a call from my friend Sian, she simply said "keep the tuesday free". Wouldn't give anymore than that. Over the next few days i managed to get her to say it was manchester we were going to and we'd be staying in a hotel there, but that something else was planned.

I set on google to see what was on in manchester that we could be doing and... there it was... Robbie Williams live. It couldn't be could it? She wouldn't have booked for us to go and see him would she?

....


So, how did it go?

Well, at about 1 ish, we met on the bus and began our usual travels down to manchester. At the train station, Sian wasn't too sure of what station we were best to get off at (Manchester has 3 city centre train stations) so had to reveal where we were going. We jumped on the train and soon were getting off in manchester. We walked over to the New Union pub which is manchester's oldest gay pub, with history like in the 1960's, how the landlord was sent to jail for owning a house of ill-repute.

We checked in and we got into our room, but it being about 3 now, we didn't have much time. Sian had told me on the train that we were going to see robbie, so i was over the moon inside, although i think i kept the outside cool as a cucumber.

We left the hotel about 4 and headed out to another bar i like called the thompson arms, we had a little drink in there and then went round the corner to get our taxi to the stadium. We soon arrived and our pre-drinks had gone straight through me, so of course had to make a stop at every available toilet. We made our way through into the stadium and to the spot where we'd be standing.

Olly murs was the support act and i've got to say, he was better than i thought he'd have been, especially when he broke into his little "summer medley".


Which of course i loved, but my fave in that was when he did "september" because for some reason over the past few months ive spent a fair bit of time bopping along to it!

Anyway, as you saw in the other video, Robbie came on and was his usual showman self, doing stuff on the stage and with the crowed that only robbie can get away with. We left the stadium and went to go and call our taxi. We got onto the main road and called it, but were told by the taxi firm that they already had a base set up at the stadium and to look for a certain part. We followed all the sign's to the taxi pick up point and arrived, only to be told that it was going to be about a 45 minute wait because with the volume of traffic on the road, taxi's can't get out and as soon as you get in, the meter is started, so to save you money, you weren't even allowed to sit in the taxi.

After about 2 hours, we got into our taxi and made our way back to the gay village. I of course hit the kebab shop to order some food and we made our way back to the pub. We went straight up to our room, but as the pub had karaoke on until 2am, we were kept awake for abit.... well, i say we, sian was nodding off by the time i got out the shower and by the time they were playing gangnam style downstairs.

I couldn't sleep that night. The room was boiling, it'd been a hot day and was a warm night out, yet for some reason, the radiator in the room that couldn't be turned off, was throwing out tonnes of heat. I MUST have nodded off for an hour because the next thing i remember is it being almost light out and hearing the delivery men dropping the kegg's of beer on the road outside and then hearing the old ones coming out.... my god, the noise out of them!!!!!

We got up about 9 ish and started getting ready to leave. I went and got a cold shower to cool down (Actually, the shower never really got warm, probably all it's heat was kept in the bloody radiator). We left the room, handed in the key and began our journey home.

Back in wigan, we got off the train and spoke to my friend Ian, who said his car was in for a service and he'd come and pick us up, so we headed to a nearby pub and grabbed a coke. Ian came and got us, dropped sian off at home and then we went back to mine. At mine, me and ian spoke about the concert and random stuff like we normally do.

A little later on, we had Stevie and Sian back up, Sian's mum had made some really nice little cakes, with personalised toppings! Stevie gave me her and Ian's present, which you can see below...


How happy was i with them?

Raaaa love em!!!!

Anyway, my mum called in a little later on and gave me yet more presents! A new mini-manbag and a little speaker for going around with... it was brilliant!!!

So, eventually the people left and i got into my bed, shocked at that the past 48 hours had been like, when i'd planned for nothing, asked for nothing and gotten everything and more.

My birthday event of course had a little bit of a sad side to it (It's my party and i'll cry if i want to).

At the robbie concert, his final song was going to be Angel's. Before he started the song he asked the people that if they had lost someone, or were losing someone to pull them close into our minds and sing up for them. For some reason my brain went straight to my nana. She'd been on the phone before the concert and hoped it was well and i know she'd have loved to have seen me on my birthday, but she's on my mind quite alot these days. Started with shingles last week and she's a big part of my life and worry about the day when she's no longer there, which of course meant it wasn't great when she spoke a few weeks back about planning her funeral.

When robbie began singing i threw my arms around sian and we both stood there swaying to the song. As he carried on singing for some reason i became all choked up, lump in the throat and tears filling up the eyes. When the fireworks started... omg, it was just crazy. I couldn't sing most of the song and i noticed that others were pretty choked up around me too.... and yes, including Sian too!

So, here's what it looked like....


All in all, i couldn't have asked for a better birthday in my wildest dreams. It's yet another sign that i'm surrounded by people with enough love and caring that they want to see me happy... maybe it is time i think about that more...

Anyway, i can't thank everyone enough, it was a brilliant birthday and i hope a sign of the year to come.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment