Monday 24 June 2013

A year on from Canada.

On this day last year, my case was packed and i made the journey over to Canada to spend time with family and to meet some people i'd only ever heard of or seen a picture of.

I can never really begin to tell you how much i enjoyed the trip, all of it. The second i was dropped off at the airport in Manchester, it felt like i was doing something big and i knew this would be the time of my life.

It was my first time ever flying alone, which was kind of exciting, trying to keep myself calm while being pushed back from the airport in the plane, smelling burning and being told by the pilot that the reason we were delayed was because of technical problems with the plane (it's a great way to settle your nerv's, trust me).

Even when i landed and was kept in a room to the side, because they thought i was trying to move into canada and wouldn't be returning.... as tempting as that was, it wasn't going to be what i was doing while i was there.

I'll never forget walking down the long corridor after being given the all-clear to go from border control, walking round that corner, taking a quick look round and hearing my name being shouted by family that i was literally over the moon to see myself. The big hugs, the welcome's and then the "let's find the truck" moment's have always stuck with me.

Canada's a country i've since given much thought about moving to and if i had the money and the time was right, i'd be off like a shot.

All my time over there, even on days of doing nothing more than sitting out by the pool, radio on in the background and having a few beers, it was all time i cherrish because i was enjoying it so much. Completely new faces to meet and see everyday, learning that i do actually like to be out in the sun and of course, loving the canadian way of life, i felt at home.

I don't think i can ever forget the feeling of "oh fuck" when we arrived back at what was to be home for the next 2 and abit weeks, when the heaven's opend and i thought i'd brought the rain with me.... Which luckily, it rained like, twice the whole time i was over there, once on the night i arrived and a 2nd time when all the family were supposed to be coming around for a bbq, that was a big storm that even managed to take out the power supply.

I think another reason i enjoyed canada so much because i got to do the touristy stuff, but i also got to see what life is like in canada, well, as much as i could have done anyway, of course everybody's lives there are going to be different, but im on about things like going into town and going to the drug store, or the beer store, even a proper wallmart AND finding out canada has bags of milk.... milk, in a bag. Never heard of anything like that here!!!

I really do miss it, i miss the family i have over there, i miss the friends i made and i most of all, miss the sunshine!!!!

Since making my return home from canada of course normal life is never as easy going as a trip away, my canadian family have done all they can to keep in touch with me (and still do) but my life always seems to have another thing to throw at me which takes me away from being able to have a good chat with them.

I would love nothing more than to go back to canada, infact i'd love to be able to bring all the canadian family over here to show them where i live and what life is like here, alas, i don't think i'm that well off... just yet anyway lol.

So, a year on and my mind is full of all the thing's i got up to, be it niagra falls....


or the CN tower...


How can you not look back and think "I had an amazing time"?

My brain will be keeping me entertained with all of these trips out and so much more and i try to get through all thats currently going-on in my life as it is now, with the little candle that's still lit in me that says "you'll do this again at some point" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment