Saturday 8 February 2014

My kind of man?

It's been years since i've been able to say "this is my boyfriend" or something like that. For some reason over the past few years my willingness to be with a man has seemed to go to nothing, only for it to come back in the past year or so, but only then i've shown interest in a select few men... but why?

It of course leaves many of my friends and family to ask "what is your type" and while there's no one answer to that, there's little bits i've noticed that seem to get me interested.

So what are they?

1) Personal hygene.

For me, it's important for a guy to look and smell nice, when i say look, i mean... washed.

Too often these days people smell with some awful body odours and that REALLY doesn't do it for me, at any time. With big supermarkets these days it's possible for you to get deoderant from 40p a can, there's no excuse for people to smell bad, ever.

When it comes to smells, even they can have an effect on me, like, if a guy smells nice, that is an instant bonus for me. Like yesterday, i bought a new deoderant which is called "spirit" by lynx. I've never smelled it before, but as soon as i did, i was in love with it. It has a smell on it which is the sort of smell i like to smell on a guy.

2) Eyes.

A guy, for me, has to have nice eyes. Like pools of water i can get lost in... i just love to look into a nice set of eyes. What do i define as nice? Well, usually theres something different about them, like one guy i talk to, he's been told many times that he has "bug" eyes.

While we're on about eyes, if a guy can make eye contact too, that's always an added bonus. It annoys me a little bit when people talk around you, rather than talking to you... although granted, in certain situations, i am guilty of doing that myself.

3) Personality.

Yes, i'm not as shallow as i once was, a guy must have a good personality and sort of... match mine. By that, i mean that we should share a similar sense of humor, be able to talk to each other with no topics off limit and of course, be able to be relaxed around each other.

I do tire easily of having to be happy around people all of the time, someone who can get to know the real me would realise that i'm different on a night out to how i am at home watching tv... and still like me.


5) Financially independant.

I cannot begin to explain how annoying it is to hear the "can i borrow ten pounds" every other day by a person, it really does bug me when people cannot live within their own income. Now granted, i don't have a huge income at all, but, what i do have, i manage to live with... and that's what i want with a guy.

So it doesn't matter to me if a guy in unemployed or not, what does matter is that they can financially support themselves.

6) Able to challange me.

With this blog and a few others, you may have noticed that from time to time i will have a strong opinion on things, and i'll admit it, i do. What i would look for in an ideal guy is someone who can challange me on these things. Not pick at everything, but if they didn't agree with my thoughts, be able to challange me. Find out why I think what i do, explain their side of it... and just be able to talk about things.

7) Trust.

Kind of a major one, if these things were in order, this would be top of the list. I really have trouble being able to trust people. Don't get me wrong it is something that i always try to work on, but, with some guys that i've been interested in, something inside just says to me "you can trust this one". Not to say that they wouldn't do thing's which would void the trust bond, but i cannot explain it.

Trust, to me, should be the basis of the relationship. If trust isn't in a relationship, neither am i.

8) A can-do attitude.

Bored of the days where i'm left to do all the cleaning up. Atleast an offer would be nice!

I really do need a guy with a can-do attitude because i really do get bored quickly of people who are constantly down on themselves or every idea put to them and they're like "no, i don't think we can do that" etc.


And there you go. Not it in full, but there's certainly some of the thing's that i will look for in a guy. The real, full, list is huge and vary's from guy to guy, but yeah... that's kind of why i'm single. I'm yet to find a guy who matches all of them, thats interested in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment